Friday, October 11, 2013

Meet Patrick (Yes, it is me)

As a broker it is extremely important that I understand all aspects of PPACA. This includes a need to set up an account at the healthcare.gov site so that I can aid clients in the purchase of subsidized insurance. We've all seen the "glitches" of the system, and if you haven't then I strongly encourage you to wait until they are "fixed".

On Tuesday I decided that I'd give it another try. After getting kicked out of the system time and time again I decided I would click on the chat feature. Here is my conversation:

[3:17:26 pm]: Thanks for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. Please wait while we connect you to someone who can help.

[3:17:31 pm]: Please be patient while we're helping other people.

[3:19:02 pm]: Please be patient while we're helping other people.

[3:19:57 pm]: Welcome! You're now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat.

Thanks for contacting us. My name is Shaunda. To protect your privacy, please don't provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.

[3:20:09 pm]: Shaunda

Hello, before we get started, are you looking for information about health insurance in the state you live in, or a different state?

[3:20:09 pm]: Patrick

My screen is blank and not showing my applications.

[3:20:44 pm]: Shaunda

I'm required to inform you of specific details regarding your state. This is essential information for your future reference. After I give you this information, I will address your initial question. Thank you for your patience.

[3:21:20 pm]: Patrick

Ohio. Why can't I get into the "My Applications & Coverage" section?

[3:22:02 pm]: Shaunda

I can answer your questions about the Marketplace and how you can enroll. You can also use HealthCare.gov to find this information and what programs you may qualify for, as well as find and apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll in a health insurance plan. You can apply now through the end of open enrollment. Open enrollment for health coverage in 2014 closes on March 31, 2014.

[3:22:13 pm]: Shaunda

Thanks for your interest in the Health Insurance Marketplace. We have a lot of visitors trying to use our website right now. That is causing some glitches for some people trying to create accounts or log in. Keep trying and thanks for your patience. You might have better success during off-peak hours, like later at night or early in the morning. We’ll continue working to improve the site so you can get covered!

[3:22:55 pm]: Patrick

I feel like I am typing with Peggy from the Discover Card commercials. Can you confirm you are not Peggy?

[3:23:42 pm]: Shaunda

Do you have any other questions that I can help you with?

[3:24:21 pm]: Patrick

Will I ever be able to log in and actually see coverage options? If yes will it be before December 15th?

[3:24:39 pm]: Shaunda

Currently it’s not known when it will be resolved, I suggest you keep trying. I'm sorry.

[3:25:40 pm]: Patrick

What is causing the "glitch"? Overload of people or poor site creators?

[3:28:27 pm]: Shaunda

The heavy traffic.

[3:28:34 pm]: Shaunda

Do you have any other questions that I can help you with?

[3:28:43 pm]: Patrick

Are you sure you are not Peggy?

[3:29:25 pm]: Shaunda

My name is Shaunda. Do you have any other marketplace questions I can help you with?

[3:30:06 pm]: Patrick

If it's heavy traffic then why am I able to get to my account then getting kicked off the system? I can click on my profile and all of that information pops up.

[3:31:03 pm]: Shaunda

Glitches in the sytsem.Currently it’s not known when it will be resolved, I suggest you keep trying. I'm sorry.

[3:31:49 pm]: Patrick

Why should I keep trying when you are telling me that you have no idea when the system issues will be resolved?

[3:32:09 pm]: Shaunda

Do you have any other questions that I can help you with?

[3:33:12 pm]: Shaunda

Thank you for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

[3:33:22 pm]: 'Shaunda' has left the chat session.

[3:33:25 pm]: Your chat session is over. Thanks for contacting us, and we hope we've answered your questions. Have a great day.

[3:33:25 pm]: 10/8/2013


As I was typing another question my session unexpectedly ended. Maybe another glitch? Did Shaunda fall victim to the government shutdown? Who knows, but maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment