Monday, October 7, 2013

I stand corrected: ObamaTax HSA edition

It had been my understanding that HSA's would be phased out under the ObamaTax:

"As we've previously noted, the survivability of Health Savings Accounts (HSA's)  and High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs) under the ObamaTax has been questionable."

Turns out, I was wrong.

I was finally able to access real-time, real-number rates for new ACA-compliant plans with a January 1, 2014 effective date. So, I put in some basic demographic info, and one of the choices jumped out at me:

 
[Click image to embiggen]

It appears that several "metal" plans will have HSA options. What's not making much sense yet is that the HSA plan (with $1,000 higher deductible and no co-pays) is actually a bit more expensive than the non-HSA version.

Curious, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment